The new standard EN 13120:2014 on cord safety has come into force. It mandates manufacturing and trading companies of shading systems for interiors to meet specific requirements in terms of safety in the products they sell.
The safety solutions required by law are aimed at eliminating, as far as possible, any risk of strangulation for children and people with limited mental capacity.
Pellini has quickly adjusted its products to comply with the new legislation, and equipped the ScreenLine®”C” cord-operated models with:
- a patented automatic cord release system under an applied weight of no less than 6 kg
- a cord tensioner, to avoid the formation of hazardous cord loops
- length of operating cords in compliance with the new standard Download the file
- information sticker, to be used as a reminder of possible risks for the final user of the product; the IG manufacturers and window fitters are obliged to attach the sticker onto the glass unit
Download the file
- information tab, fitted into the cord loop Download the file, to be used as a reminder of possible risks for the final user of the product; the IG manufacturers and window fitters are obliged to keep the tab applied on the cord loop
New obligations for cord/chain blind fitters
IG manufacturer and window fitters are obliged by law to:
- be acquainted with the new standard
- order and install the ScreenLine safety devices according to the instructions provided.
All the players in the commercial framework, from the manufacturer to the processor and the fitter, are concerned and jointly liable for safety: it’s no use pleading ignorance of the law!